Monday, July 31, 2017

New Zealand Trip: Day 6 Mt Cook > Blue Lagoon >Tasman Glacier >Twizel> Wanaka



New Zealand is a peaceful country
especially in south island 
You can't see much people walking around at here
Since it is a must take picture on the road
(as I saw many travellers did that)
so I m took a picture on the road with the mountain too

On the way to Tasman Glacier in this early morning is a great moment to take picture
as NO CAR and NO HUMAN around
Let me tell you,
MT COOK is the best scenery ever among the whole journey in NZ
Mt Cook is a must visit place if you come to NZ

Look at my background,
The view is super great !


Never missed to take Family Picture too
By the way, that day was minus 2 degree celsius only at 7am morning
and we took picture like this in such freezing weather. XD



There is no one else hiking at here except us
Guess was because of too early in the morning
or else was because of the weather was too cold
But we were traveller, time is gold,
so we have to hike following our itinerary

It took 20 minutes of stairs climb to reach Blue Lagoon
I can't see any blue here but the lake was freeze to an ice rink area
and it was green in color.

By the way, never regret to come here as this was our first time experience the lake freeze to ice rink 
and we did stepped on it,
YES IT CRACKED !



Then we continued to climb the stairs
and we realised that we were at super high altitude of the hill that time

I took this picture when I was climbing up the stairs to Tasman Glacier.
Looking back the lake we used to step just now
such an amazing view from the point I stand on.


\


To reach Tasman Glacier,
it took another 20 minutes to reach the peak point
and yes, we reached.


Let me show my pictures of that day with the amazing background view at Tasman Glacier
forgiving me for posting so much pictures. hehe




Leaving Mt Cook at 10am and heading to Wanaka for our next stay to visit.
I felt so regret that I should stay one more night at Mt Cook 
as Mt Cook is the most beautiful places I have been visited so far in NZ.
The sky was crystal clear that day and no more foggy weather after this 

From Mt Cook to Wanaka took around 2.5 hours of road journey to reach
and we have stopped by at Twizel town to have a quick lunch before we continue our journey

Twizel is a super small town and the population even smaller than Geraldine
I don't understand how the restaurant's gain their profit as there was no customer at all
at this peak hour lunch time 

We have entered a restaurant which selling Thai food and Western food as well
since we miss Asia food,
My mom and I have ordered a bowl of Tomyam soup and a plate of fried rice for sharing
But don't expect the taste can be compared with Malaysia one
as the western people does not eat too spicy 


My aunts ordered Pizza and they said it taste delicious.
well i guessed so, 
pizza always taste the best in western country 
as that is the place where it came from. XD

We even passed by HIGH COUNTRY SALMON
 where they sell salmon fish like supermarket did
and they even serve customer food too like a restaurant did.
The price of the salmon is super cheap indeed.
I mean, you can't find such a cheap price to get a fresh salmon in Malaysia.

The salmon fishes
The cheapest price of a box of salmon inside a tupperware cost NZD8.99
and the tupperware size consider big u know.


Walking through another door is an outdoor area where the lake was full of salmon fishes
They even provide the food for us to let us feed the salmon fishes
and the salmon fishes were too aggressive on competing the food
They even jumped out from the water and we nearly get wet because of them 
Sounds interesting ? and yes it did. 


We even passed by a farm where they feed Alpaca
It is hard to find Alpaca in NZ as we saw sheep and cows repeatedly but not Alpaca.
So we decided to stop our car and took picture with them.

2.5 hours journey is short for us as we kept stop by some areas for sightseeing and photo taking session
We checked in our homestay in Wanaka at about 4pm 
We were like, oh yes, we have our own apartment to stay, yeah !

The apartment is very new indeed, 
the bed is so clean and they even provide heater within each bed 
There was 2 bathrooms, 4 single beds and 1 queen bed in 2 bedrooms, 
The only issue we worry about was the glass door is straight exposed to the main road area
meaning to say, there are no fence for this house, 
outside people can come in just like this straight away if we left the glass panel door open.
LOL
But we believe NZ is a safe country even though we lock the glass panel still XD

Crn Macpherson Street & SH84, 9305 Wanaka, New Zealand 









Since the receptionist of the apartment told us that there was a market today in Wanaka and will be closing soon at the evening, we drove to the town area and had a visit of this market.

Seriously, it's been quite some days we never see so much people
Wanaka population is consider big as we see humans everywhere at here
and yes this place is quite happening and lovely.




You know, their western market is totally different with what we expected
We always expect market is a place that sells cheap food and vegetables or fruits
But we were wrong when we saw this market. 
They were selling soap, detergent, their handcraft, simple soup set with bread and others,
their price is selling higher than in the shop one, 
the people who queuing to buy is not much either




We had bought bread and soup for sharing,
the bread taste delicious ! 
Waited for around 10 minutes for this bread to be done from the oven
The size is quite large too.

Having my soup to warm up my stomach

Our dinner today is quite awesome too,
chinese traditional pan mee match with salmon and fruits
and wine too !
I fried two eggs for myself as my dinner too as I can't eat the salmon (vegetarian)

fried egg with rosemary herbs and spices


Our living room and kitchen of the apartment
and my lovely uncle too.

Okay, that's how my Day 6 been through in NZ
stay tuned for my Day 7 ya. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Give me something before u leave.

Koh Lipe 4d3n Itinerary 2018

Hola, I am back after have been busying with works for almost 4 months. Gonna update my blog with my Koh Lipe 4d3n trip as well. I went to ...